2023 Gillian Brazier Basketball Shootout
April 2 – 9, 2023
JUEL is looking for Teams or individual Players who are interested in travelling to Antigua on April 2 – 9 (Easter) to compete in the Gillian Brazier Basketball Shootout.
Cost – $1,300.00 per Player; includes the following:
- Return flight from Toronto to Antigua
- 7-night stay
- Tournament games
- 1 Meal per day
- Island Tours
- Beach Picnic
- Sunday, April 2
- Depart Toronto; arrive in Antigua (VC Bird International Airport)
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm – Welcome Party
- Monday, April 3
- 9:00am – 4:00pm – Free time
- 7:00pm – 8:30pm – Team Practice (location TBA)
- Tuesday, April 4
- 10:00am – 2:00pm – Island Tour (National Parks – cost covered by local sponsors)
- 2:00pm – 5:00pm – Free time
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm – Team Practice (location TBA)
- 7:00pm – Game #1
- Wednesday, April 5
- 9:00am – 12:00pm – Players Clinic at YMCA (optional for our Players)
- 12:00pm – 4:00pm – Free time
- 6:00pm – Game #2
- Thursday, April 6
- 6:00am – 1:30pm – Free Time
- 2:00pm – 4:30pm – Players Clinic at Old Road (optional for our Players)
- 5:00pm – Game #3
- 7:00pm – pm – Free Time
- Friday, April 7
- 10:00am – 2:00pm – Northside/East Tour & Picnic (costs covered by local sponsors)
- 2:00pm – pm – Free Time
- Saturday, April 8
- 10:00am – 2:00pm – Shopping at St. John’s
- Game #4
- Sunday, April 9
- Depart Antigua; arrive in Toronto
- Players and their families travelling to Antigua should purchase Travel Insurance, so they are covered while away. Most Parents have coverage through their Work policies, if not the Insurance can be purchased through a Bank.
Transportation while in Antigua
- Our hosts Wings Sports Club will provide transportation while the team and parents are in Antigua at no charge to our group.
- The group will stay at Dickenson Bay Cottages; each room contains 2 beds, a small kitchenette and can accommodate up to 4 people.
- We will require Chaperones, so Parents are welcome.
- Each room contains a kitchenette, so everyone could purchase Cereal, Milk, Juice, Fruits, ect. for breakfast and snacks.
- Wings Sports Club will provide 1 meal each day.
- We could go out as a group for the remaining meal, depending on our choices it could be between $10-$20 US per person.
- We will be working Camps and Clinics while in Antigua and will donate any moneys made towards the meals.
- We will not have an opportunity to get together prior to the Tournament so we’ll practice on Monday and Tuesday evenings.
- Each Player will be given a deflated Molten GG6X Basketball (inflated balls are not allowed on planes as the pressure may damage them). When we arrive in Antigua we’ll inflate the balls, used them for practices and games. The balls can be left behind at the end of our trip (the decision will be left to each Player as the balls were donated to them).
Island Tour/Shopping in St. John’s
- Wings Sports Club will cover the cost of the Island Tour for all Players and Families. The Tour, Shopping and Touring St. John’s (Capital City) and any other excursions will take place on Monday, Tuesday or any other times the team isn’t playing or lying around the beach. Decisions will be made with directions from our host and the group.
- The trip is meant to be a vacation first; basketball is secondary so there will be free time for all Players and their families.
- Families can make their own decisions as to what they do during free time, they can include individual Players on their excursions if they like.
- Individual Players will have to come to an agreement on their excursions which will be done as a group.